WELCOME!

Among the most exciting moments in this process of Redemption is watching the pieces come together. Anyone can do this. (You don't have to be a prophet!) Just by being an observer of the human scene,...current events, talk radio, internet news and daily experiences,--all this can be eye-opening about how the Rebbe's prophecy is being fulfilled.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I don't want your money; just that picture. (As told by R.C. Of Miami Beach)



I went down to my car which was parked in the garage in my building. When I turned the ignition, the car wouldn't start. I kind of panicked as I had to be somewhere. So without really thinking too much, I walked out into the street and hailed a taxi. A cab driven by an African American stopped and I had to apologize and tell him that I really didn't want a cab but needed a boost. He very kindly drove into the garage and proceeded to take out his cables and give my car a boost. I had my purse with me but I knew I only had a few dollars and some change. Again I apologized and handed him whatever I had. But he shook his head and said he didn't want any money. “But I would like that picture,” he said pointing to the dashboard where I had a photo of the Rebbe.
“How do you know the Rebbe?” I asked quite surprised. He said that he took a fare to the airport and the whole time she was in his cab she talked about the Rebbe. I gladly gave him the picture.

 So who is the real hero of this story? Is it the cabdriver? Or is it the lady whom the cabbie drove to the airport?  Just her urgency to talk about the Rebbe affected the man very deeply. We can see from this how every person has his or her mission and the cumulative effect of all our efforts matters very much. Each small action adds up and illuminates the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment