WELCOME!

Among the most exciting moments in this process of Redemption is watching the pieces come together. Anyone can do this. (You don't have to be a prophet!) Just by being an observer of the human scene,...current events, talk radio, internet news and daily experiences,--all this can be eye-opening about how the Rebbe's prophecy is being fulfilled.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Practical Ideas of Goodness & Kindness from a Noahide

The Rebbe M"HM
In 1991, in an interview with CNN on the "Sunday dollars" line, the Rebbe offered this message to the world: "Moshiach is ready to come now. It is only on our part to do something additional in the realm of goodness and kindness." Here from AskNoah.org are ideas for goodness and kindness from a gentile woman who has accepted the 7 universal laws, the laws of the children of Noah. Keeping these laws is the way the nations help prepare the world for the final Redemption.


Acts of Goodness and Kindness 
Some Practical Suggestions for Doing Acts of Goodness and Kindness for Others

Sending a Nice Surprise
Mail a newsy card or letter, or send an e-card.
Give an unexpected present or send flowers.
Putting the Phone to Good Use
Call an old friend, or call your children just to say hi.
Call to compliment someone on a job well done.
Kind and Thoughtful Speech
Suppress an urge to gossip.
Thank someone for their efforts.
Look for and speak about the good qualities of others.
Devoting Time for Others
VOLUNTEER.
Make a new friend.
Visit someone in a hospital or nursing home and cheer them up.
The Joy of Giving
Donate your magazines to a nursing home.
Give some charity every day (money and/or kind acts).*
Put money in an expired parking meter (besides your own!).
Include an AskNoah Brochure when you send a letter or a package.
Especially for Parents to Do
Be patient, encouraging and forgiving with your children.
Hug your children and ask them how they’re feeling.
Give allowances & teach children to set aside part for charity.
Read to children and help them with their homework.
Send your parents pictures of their grandchildren.
Tell your children about Noah and teach them the 7 Laws.
Teach your children to be kind to animals.
Especially for Children to Do
Call your parents and grandparents and get them feeling happy.
Don’t quarrel or fight with your brothers and sisters.
Do chores and be helpful without waiting to be reminded.
Draw a picture from the story of Noah and send it to our Kids’ Art Gallery.
Especially for Spouses to Do
Celebrate special dates (birthdays, anniversary, etc.)
Give warm smiles – they’ll be reflected back to you!
Turn off the TV and spend some quality time together.
Do those home projects that have been neglected for too long.
Acts of Kindness to do for Seniors or Disabled Persons
Rake leaves or mow their lawn.
Give them a ride to shopping, appointments, etc.
Give assistance in opening a door or crossing the street.
Give them your attention, respect and patience.

*Thanks to the Noahide woman who sent (AskNoah.org) this message:
I have come to the conclusion/realization that time is more valuable to me than money, and here is how I’ve incorporated this into my life. In my daily routine, even when I forget to study or I forget to pray, I almost always remember to give to charity. I have a jar on my dresser. Each week I have $100 to spend on food, gas, and whatever. I decided to give $1 in the morning and $1 in the afternoon. I got a bunch on $1 bills. I see the jar, reach down and pick up a dollar, and put it in the jar. This takes very little time. I took my copy of the Artscroll Torah out of my nightstand (where I couldn’t see it) and put it next to the jar to remind me to give the charity. That way, hopefully, when I see the Torah I will give G-d that which is more important to me – the few moments of time that it takes to do a good deed.



No comments:

Post a Comment